Thursday, November 19, 2009

Yo estoy escribiendo.

Last week I was looking forward to this moment. Wednesday's over and with it my second exam of the week, and another Bible study completed and enjoyed. I am now down to two more exams Lord willing. It's a good feeling.

Picked up Marshall from the airport last Saturday on my way to Ixtlan for the weekend. I asked if he'd drive, and then I got to read the whole way! I really appreciated that. Then on the way back on Sunday I gave a ride to Gloria, Claudia, and Ana to Tlaquepaque. As there was no school on Monday they stayed at the Wulf's Sunday night and then were going downtown on Monday. Tlaquepaque is like a suburb of Guadalajara, and I was proud of myself, only went in a circle once finding my way home.

Some of my classmates have found a new favorite pasttime. They pinch my hands and then count how long it takes for blood flow to return to the area. They never get bored. And just in case red skin and bloodless hands weren't fascinating enough add purple lips on top of that and I feel like I'm on display at the circus under the tent labeled "Freaks" No one's mean about it and actually we all end up laughing, like I said, they just find it rather fascinating! It's also just much more prominent here because being caucasian I'd be an oddity even without the lousy circulation.

The final that I had today was in my NFP class (hard to explain exactly what that is). The final is done indivdually and in Spanish. Ironically after I was done with mine, the doctora complimented me on my Spanish, and I didn't understand what she was trying to say..........BaDum Pshhhhh (On my defense though, I'd never heard tu hablas mas espanol used in that context before. I'll know next time)

On a side note, my neighbor is not a good singer. I wonder which of his plants told him otherwise...it should be uprooted.

Hasta!

No comments: