Friday, November 13, 2009

Yo estoy queriendo cantar.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARRIE!!

All this week we have been starting class at 7 instead of 8. I only made it on time twice. Two out of the three mornings that I didn't I can blame it on my alarm clock though...seriously!! It's the alarm clock's fault it didn't know to ring at 6:00 am when I set it at 6:00 pm.

Christmas lights continued: So I don't have a picture yet. Last night I was going to walk up the street and snap a picture of the house I have in mind, and then realized this may be a bit more difficult feat to achieve than simply taking a picture of a house. They have private security and a strange person sneaking up at night, taking a picture, and then returning from whence came I realized might be construed as a bit odd and possibly a threat. Soooooo....still yet to be continued...

In Pathophysiology this week our visiting doctora is a UAG graduate from 2001. People actually pay attention to her. Now at the end of the week people have started leaving after attendance is taken, but much fewer than normal. She is very free with advice and talking about what comes next for us. When she first started talking about subinternship, internship, residency, fellowship, CDs, letters.....oh what a headache as no one is going to do this for us or even help us in this process. One of the first things UAG teaches you is that you are on your own. Figure it out and do it on time, and don't ask for help unless you want glares and a bunch of lies and round-about answers that don't get you anywhere. She gave a special session on Wednesday then devoted to her experience of how to get in and then how to get out again of the system after graduation here at UAG. I left there feeling not as overwhelmed and more back to the basics of one day at a time; today....study.

Hasta!

No comments: