Friday, October 23, 2009

Yo estoy meciendome.

Today is student appreciation day and in celebration they had a games day at the main campus (CU). I'm not going. Not really in the mood for bunches of people.

I wanted to share with you the status message that one of my classmates left on his Facebook page last night. I got quite the chuckle from it...
"student appreciation day tomorrow...aka come to class for attendance,
then go hand in a paper to a random dude somewhere on campus to get more
attendance, then sign up for a body cavity search and sign away your first
born...only then will you be excused from class...yes, I feel really
appreciated as a student..."
~Jason Goutis

Another of my classmates' birthday was yesterday. His parents had flown down from Florida, so his mom made him invite friends over for cake. (That sounds kind of odd, but it's actually really funny when you know Jonathan and his mom...she's Latina.) I went and don't think I said much the whole night, but didn't realize it as I was laughing so much. In addition, their house contains over a century of Mexican and familial history, sooo interesting.

I'm starting to get nervous about the cold in Illinois in December. Walking to class the other day it was about 58 degrees. My hands and nose were completely purple by the time I got there. (the walk's only roughly 5 minutes.) Also, yesterday I had to move a chair out onto my patio so I could study in the sun as my body temp had dropped whilst studying inside I felt frozen. If I'm having trouble with 55 degrees....whimper, I don't want to think about it.

Hasta!

1 comment:

Kaleigh said...

oh buddy, we need to get you some under armor...maybe some camo you think??? ;)