Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Yo estoy cansada.

This past weekend was a rare weekend that I was able to make it to Ixtlan. I wish I could say that it was the well deserved break that I needed, but it wasn't, and so I am still in need. It was wonderful to be amongst my family of believers, but today I had my Neuroscience final, and so all weekend guess what was hanging over my head... yup, the final.
Examples:
On Saturdays I arrive in time for the meal usually at 1:30. Due to some errands Marshall had to run in Zamora the meal had been pushed back. I didn't think it would be long so just waited and talked with Jan. However, when it ended up being pushed back a whole hour I could feel myself getting extremely aggitated, ticked even that I had just wasted a whole hour doing nothing, an hour that I could have spent studying.
This particular Saturday after Bible study and volleyball, Issa and Lupita invited me down to the plaza with them. They were acting all secretive and so I guessed it had something to do with my birthday. We had a lot of fun eating from the stands, joking and laughing. I would not have traded that time with Issa and Lupita at all. If anything this past weekend was relaxing for me, that hour spent as a friend and as a sister was, and yet when we finally called it a night I couldn't help but think of how my study time had been shortened yet again.

Lord help! I don't know how to relax!

Issa suggested bananas and carrot juice as energy while studying. I've got the carrot juice and just got some bananas today. Hopefully come next Monday I'll be able to report to Issa that the credit of my passing my micro exam is due to her(and bananas and carrot juice).

I have also noticed a recent addiction to chili. I finished the small bottle that I had and replaced it with a huge bottle which is already over a third consumed. I use it as a condiment. I put it in my soup. Sometimes my mouth just starts watering and I have to make some popcorn just so I can dump chili on it and satisfy my chili thirst. Saturday after pizza, then chocoflan, Lupita suggested getting papas. Mine ended up being drenched in chili, and they were sooooo good.....and sticky. Lupita just kind of looked at me out of the corner of her eye and called me Mexican.

Sunday the weather was absolutely gorgeous. Guessing I would say about 70 degrees with a beautiful sun. I couldn't resist commenting on it. I got crazy looks in return. Apparently Lupita and Jessica were freezing!!

Today walking to take the exam I noticed something about the air....something about the atmosphere. I couldn't quite place it. I'd smelled that smell before but didn't know what it was. I finally decided that it was Fall in Mexico. Though I may say that Mexico doesn't have seasons, it does have....changes. It's a change in the color of the sky, in the smell of the air, in the bark of the dogs. It's still a bit vague to me as it's only my second fall in GDL so I don't really have much background, but my goal is to figure it out. (yes, I know, still vague, but how can I be more defined if I don't even know what 'it' is?)

Hasta!

Prayer request: Wisdom and words on an individual basis with my classmates. A few classmates have taken the opportunity to ask for specific guidance. Without much to go on, and without wanting to pry I don't know what exactly they are looking for. Pray that God's words and grace would suffice and heal even if the deliverer of them is clueless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying!

P.S. Is that Chili powder you're talking about? You know how I feel about Chili powder. You made me hungry.

~Amy