Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Yo estoy con cabello mojado.

Saturday I drove down my street going somewhere. nothing out of the ordinary, just a regular street. Sunday I drove down the street again and my mouth literally dropped open as I passed by a huge tree laden down with blossoms the most brilliant color of yellow. Those blossoms had not been there the previous day and I was shocked that in one day an entire tree could burst open in color like that.

Made some brownies this past weekend with some friends. Realized we didn't have a pan so I made some out of aluminum foil. I think I was the only one that actually believed it would work, the others were just going along with another crazy idea. But made believers out of them in the end! haha! boy were those brownies good!

Shabnam went home this past weekend to celebrate the Persian New Year with her family. However, she did not forget us back in Guadalajara. She brought an entire Persian feast back with her. Everything was cooked in California. Wrapped up well. Flown across borders. Unpacked in Guadalajara, and then promptly devoured. I can't believe she got that food across the border. I think God knew we were going to be very hungry last night!!!

i think my feet are starting to deteriorate. Seems like I've got permanent blisters in a couple of places. Some of which have rubbed so deep that blood vessels have broken filling my blisters with blood. Then my feet get so filthy, dirty, and sweaty during the day that I scrub them good when I take my showers. As a result they are starting to dry out and crack adding to my discomfort during walking. Finally, I'm acummulating bumps and bruises on them from people who aim for the soccer ball and hit my feet instead. Just as long as they remain attached to my legs I think I'll be good.

Only four of us showed up to play soccer today. No deterence there, we played two on two for about 1 1/2 hours.

1 comment:

Kaleigh said...

Impressed with the brownie tinfoil pan!! :) love and prayers to you!