Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yo estoy usando las compus en la biblioteca.

First semester students have started this week. I love not being first semesters any more. Granted we still don´t know what is going on all the time, but at least now we can pretend we do and no one knows any better. I´ve talked to a few of them, sold my books and whatnot, I enjoy being able to help them out and answer their questions, because Lord knows I appreciated all the help I received my first semester.

Feel asleep on my floor the other day. Didn´t even care that it was cold and very hard. I finally moved to the air mattress when the pain in my shoulder was no longer ignorable. I am starting to become quite attached to that air mattress. It´s quite comfortable once you get used to it. It´s probably a good thing Mom and Dad are coming to visit me as it´ll force me to actually go and buy a bed.

Our clinics started again this week. I choose to go to Clinica Santa Anita on Tuesdays. It has worked out well, because two of my friends choose the same clinic and day as I. Santa Anita is the farthest away. We left from campus yesterday in my little green honda allowing ourselves extra time. Shabnam was at Santa Anita last semester so I was relying on her to help me out (the maps the school gives us are completely worthless unless you´re trying to get lost.) We get on the road to leave GDL, drive past the golf club and Shabnam says its still a ways. I´m driving about 20 more minutes on that road before Veronica says something about how long we´ve been driving to which I quickly agree. Shabnam...in a small voice... "I actually don´t recognize this anymore!" Aiaiai!!! We turn around. Apprantly what I took as still quite a ways on the road was ment to be taken as still quite a ways to the clinic. The fact that I had never actually seen the road we were supposed to turn on didn´t help either. Driving back, once again we didn´t see it so we put the maps away and decided to do it our own way. We got to the clinic after 42 miles, 65 minutes and with 3 minutes to spare. Go us!!
The doctor assigned to me is Dr. Delgadillo, an ob/gyn doctor. That first day I saw patients from those disappointed to be pregnant yet AGAIN! to those crying having just lost their baby to a spontaneous incomplete abortion. Delgadillo´s people skills aren´t what I hope to posess as a doctor, but he makes a point in teaching me so I plan on learning a lot.
One of my classmates just walked into the lab, and upon seeing me called out his greeting, "Hey Uta!" Yesterday there was a misunderstanding as to what Uta was. He said I sounded like someone from Uta. Puzzled I asked him what Uta was. He just looked at me and said never mind. Apparently Uta is Utah. Just in case, I don´t have enough trouble understanding his Cuban Spanish accent it carries over to English too.
Got to go to class, try to learn something.

Hasta!

Prayer Request: Started Bible Study again. Our first meeting will be tonight.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I'm praying for Bible study. Love you!