Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Yo estoy poniendo en pie.

I have water again in my apartment!! For the past 20 hours I was without water. I'm rather smelly at the moment.
My friend Pamela is passing some time at my apartment color-organizing her calendar. I find myself standing at the kitchen counter typing as Pam is sitting in the chair. I have got to make this place more hospitable for visitors.
Class felt like same-old, same-old today. Yesterday it was exciting to see all of my classmates, ask them how their breaks were and whatnot. Our class-size went from 115 to 94. I went from no. 101 to no. 86. (I like the 101 better, but doesn't matter as guaranteed the 86'll only last one semester.)
I sat in the exact same seat as last semester. I am positive it's the best seat in the whole room. I came to that conclusion after sitting in it for 6 hours a day last semester, and based on that, I think it shall serve me well for yet another semester.
I'm getting used to the driving here in Guadalajara. A tad on crazy side, okay, okay a lot on the crazy side. Pam said the other night "Wow, you're Mexican" as I careened around a car to turn left from the right lane. Don't worry mom, I had my seat belt on. I bought a map and must study it so I have better bearings as to where I am going in this city.

Hasta!

2 comments:

Kaleigh said...

Christy driving in Mexico :) :)
love and prayers!!:)

Melissa said...

can i just point out something AWESOME?!?! you wrote that your friend was "passing time" at your apt. ..... I love it b/c your mind was thinking "pasar tiempo" & you literally translated that to "pass time" when technically it would be more natural for English speakers to say "spending time." Did that make sense? I love it when language twists our minds into saying stuff like that! :D