Thursday, January 8, 2009

Yo estoy agradecida.

Prayers definitely carried us on wings to Guadalajara today (well, I guess it's yesterday now.)

Left San Antonio at 3 am. Got to the border at 8 am. Car registration went smoothly praise the Lord! (I had forgotten my title in IL, but they took the license registration instead.) Started our trek through Mexico!! Here we go! We aimed our vehicles in the direction of Monterrey and took the road that was leading in that direction, and so progressed our journey to Cadereyta then to Saltillo (looked behind me shortly after leaving the city to see a cop speeding after me...thankfully he sped around me too). Saltillo to Zacatecas was hot driving through the desert. My poor laden down car was having enough trouble climbing up and down mountains and trying to survive when I wasn't slow enough for the topes (speed bumps) or missjudged swerving the holes in the road that I refused to punish it further by turning on the AC. I just about made myself sick from over heating. (I'm not too bright sometimes.) Talking to Sung kept my mind of the heat and pretty soon we were past Zacatecas and onto Guadalajara. We took a mountain road. Lots of winding good for the end of a long adventure cuz it keeps you on your toes. Sunset among the mountains and valleys was excellent. Made it to the city at 10:00 pm. Got home. Got out of my car. Experienced very stiff neck, sore knees, and the sensation that I'd forgotten how to walk.

Today went incredibly smoothly. No border trouble. No cop trouble (That is a miracle considering my IL plates would normally be a cop magnet.) No one got too tired (Why am I still up? - I got up 24 hours ago.)

In summary, I would like to thank everyone for their prayers of safe travels today/yesterday. They were answered and then some. God Bless you all!

Hasta!

prayer request: apartment shopping tomorrow.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

hey, i just wrote on your facebook wall asking about your roadtrip ... should've looked here first! i'm so glad you made it back and just thinking of monterrey y zacatecas makes me smile!! i love mexico! :) hopefully your semester starts off good also!

Kaleigh said...

Good to hear you made it back safe :) that trip sounds like an adventure that is forsure!! ;)
Praying for you and hope apt shopping goes well.
love ya