Friday, January 16, 2009

Yo estoy mexicana.

One week down, lots to go.
Bioethics was canceled today as the doctor was out of town at a conference. This bioethics class is two weeks long. Monday the doctor didn't show up and today class was canceled; that's 20% of the class right there.
Nutrition is a three week long class. Three different professors visiting from the states will be teaching us. This past week the professor was excellent...for an undergraduate institution. He actually just retired from Oklahoma two weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, I liked the guy, I just really felt like I was back at ISU. Only difference was that here he had a lot of trouble actually answering our questions being as we look at everything through the clinical aspect, and here we recognized the diseases he was talking about and could answer his questions. One result of taking a nutrition class is that I am becoming very dogmatic on the aspect of health living. I am going to be one of those doctors that everyone hates because instead of giving a pill I tell them to exercise more or at least some at all. Seriously everyone, eat your fruits and vegetables and exercise!! You'll save yourself med bills later.
I opened an account with a water delivery service the other day. Trouble is that I don't just sit at home and so have now missed the delivery twice and am becoming ever increasingly dehydrated. Water...I need water. pant..pant..
I have always looked at Mexicans in the past and thought them weird for wearing what I always thought to be inapropriate clothes for the climate. I have to laugh now for I find myself dressing the same. It's 40 when I walk to class...
....OH MY WORD, my water just came!!!! YEA!!!
...okay back on topic...It's 40 when I walk to class so I'm always wearing layers at least one if not both of which are long sleeved. Walking home from class it's 70 and I still haven't changed. Then I start doing other stuff, and before too long it's getting chilly again too late to change.


HASTA!!

1 comment:

Kaleigh said...

Yeah for water...I feel the joy!! :)
from your camel friend ;)