Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Estoy recibiendo correo.

Living on the hospital campus, my mail comes through the hospital mail room. It's not efficient by any means, but it is what it is. I would take a random guess that maybe about 50% of my mail actually makes it to me within 2 weeks. Extend that out to 2 months and may be reaching about 75% has reached me. For example a week or so ago I finally received the last handful of Christmas Cards, and today I finally got my W-2 in the mail. On the bright side, I do not receive any junk mail!

Post call today I had an appointment with the eye doctor. Had to reorder contacts. I asked them if the shipment could be tracked, to which I received a couple of ummms and hmmms. So I gave up on tracking the shipment and said, if I haven't received it in a week I'll give you a call. Usually packages are much more reliable because I can check the shipment progress and then take a detour to the mail room when I know something has been marked as delivered.

 Not the quickest detour, as it is out of the way of everywhere else in the hospital. 

 In other words, very easy to forget to make said detour before the mail room has already locked up for the day. 

Hiding the mailroom in the basement tunnels of the hospital, no wonder things go missing. #LifeAtWestchester

Much Love.

No comments: