Thursday, February 20, 2020

Estoy haciendo endoscopias.


Life swings, ups and downs, side to side, in and out. At times you have to grab the vine tight and let out a Tarzan yalp as you crash through the jungle. Others, you pray for the breeze to blow you across the ocean, willing the thick air to stir against your skin. Maybe a slight exaggeration to the swings of a surgical residency; realistically it’s more of a flat out sprint through the hospital barreling down the hallway versus a brisk walk stopping every now and again to greet the people you meet as you go. 

I’ve transitioned to Endoscopy, and though it’s more of a brisk walk through the hospital, waiting in between scopes feels like I’m stagnant on the ocean, waiting for that breeze. I’ve tried to make use of the extra time I knew I would have. I signed up for and took my Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery exam earlier this week. I got through what I could on my unending “To Do” list. But quite frankly, I’m starting to run out of easy things to fill my time in between scopes. I guess I’ll have to dig out my “To Do” Wish list. That list of things that I would like to do, but seemingly never actually rise to the top of my priorities so never actually get done.

Waiting aside, performing scopes is enjoyable. Getting past tight turns or pushing through spastic areas; I can appreciate the challenge and the time to develop my own skills. If I could just not feel like I’m spending the majority of my time twiddling my thumbs, would be fabulous!

Much Love.

No comments: