Thursday, March 30, 2017

Estoy practicando.

Halfway through my morning rounds today my left eye started spazzing. Thankfully, at that hour patients are only half awake, so with a little redirection of the conversation I was able to make a quick exit without anyone catching on... at least I think. In the bathroom, as I inspected the culprit I could see that my contact was cracked right down the middle. How it got that way, no idea. But, it didn't take much weighing of the options, there really was only one. Put the contact back in and finish rounds. Clock was ticking after all.  And thus I spent my day, waiting for the next spaz attack and hoping the headache waited to start until as long as possible. For the most part it was just an annoyance, the only time it was a real problem was during surgery. Attempting to put a stitch and my view going in and out of focus... rather nerve racking. But I got them in, and it still looked pretty, so no one even noticed.

Instead of staying in Bridgeport, I drove home this evening after work. I needed replacement contacts. I'll be bringing extras back with me as well.

While at home, I started rifling through some old notebooks looking for an acronym that I had written down once as a medical student. As a medical student, I always had a notebook in my pocket. Along with the stethoscope, gauze, tape, etc etc. But the notebook was for writing anything and everything down. I went through a number of them as a medical student, and for some reason I kept them all. You know... for that one time that I need to look up that one thing. Ya right, I couldn't find it. But, going through those notebooks, I amazed myself at all that I once knew. And then, it was immediately depressing to be reminded of all that I've forgotten. Those notebooks ended up in the trash. I know, about time. Half of them were in Spanish anyways. I guess I'll make up my own acronym.

Much Love.

No comments: