Thursday, March 9, 2017

Estoy sentando.

A chair, maybe with a foot rest if possible. One in which I can lean back and rest my head. Close my eyes and listen.  To the wind outside the window, and the general quiet of a room or home. I think it would be nice to have such a chair one day. 

I know someone who went home to sit in his chair today. At least, that what I imagine. 

He growled at me for two weeks straight. He felt down-right crummy, and he let me know. Mad at what had happened to him. Upset that he felt like he was getting worse and not better. He always wanted to go home, and I always made a list for him. Things that needed to be checked off yet before he could go home. Well... that last check happened yesterday. So when the subject came up today, we said yes. Yes, you can go home! And he said, okay. And that was that. I went to see about the stack of paperwork his discharge had waiting for me. 
Very surprised I was then when his nurse called me shortly thereafter to let me know that our gentleman no longer wanted to go home. I paused my paperwork to go investigate. I go into his room and lean up against the wall beside the chair where he's sitting. He's purposely trying not to look at me. I ask him, "Are you scared?" After a pause, in which you can see him debating how to answer, he barks back, "well, yea I'm scared!"  We worked through his fears, and now that chair is exactly where I think he is. He had to get home to sit in his chair. He rests his head, and closes his eyes and enjoys being home again. 

Much Love.

No comments: