Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Estoy congelada.

The heat broke. In the house. Across the street.
While at St. Vinny's, commute from my apartment in NY would be approximately 75 min with regular traffic. Not worth driving when tired, so I rent a room in a house across from the hospital. Saves me two precious hours of driving time every day.

Saturday there was no hot water, but I go to work figuring I would have to deal with it later. Get home Sunday morning and the house is cold, but I'm tired so once again would have to deal with it later. I wake up Sunday and the vents are literally pouring out frigid air. I make a phone call, and eventually some one comes. By the time they leave the hot water is on, but the house is settling into a nice permanent chill. Effective functioning (both cognitive and physical) becomes increasingly difficult and I end up taking a long hot shower and putting on three sweatshirts/jackets over my pajamas, with the hoods up, and crawling under the thin covers at about 6:30pm.

As of one hour ago, there was still no heat in the house. I've had warm refuge in the meantime, but hoping that those with the mechanical skills of heating/cooling can work their magic soon.

Much love.

No comments: