Monday, March 20, 2017

Estoy pisoteada.

I fear that the month of May will not arrive soon enough. I'm trying to remain positive, but it seems to be getting harder. 1 1/2 more months to go.

In general, as a whole, I strive not to loose who I am, what I value, and what I believe as I wade through the bog of residency.  It may sound dramatic, but surgery creates a hierarchy of power, pride and arrogance that sometimes blinds those involved to common respect and simple kindness. I am so thankful that for the majority of the time our small family does not share in that blindfoldedness.

In case you hadn't sensed what I was getting at, sometimes the ugly head of malignancy rears its head. Using malignant to describe a residency program is not necessarily isolated to surgery programs.  However, it generally seems more prevalent in surgery.                             


 My Attending put a hole in the wall. I don't understand how that is acceptable. Words were used, also not acceptable.
 

I learned in Mexico the importance of church family. They say you are who you surround yourself with. I love my co-workers, but residency itself... A Bog. It'll wear you down. So when I am able I make sure to surround myself with family. As if he knows it hurts him, during those situations, Satan likes to point out my age difference and my growing lack of common ground with the church young group. 
Rockville YG, Croghan, NY 3/19/17
I just keep ignoring him, because if I were to ever stop surrounding myself with family, well then I'd have no choice but to start putting holes in walls myself as well.




Just kidding. I'm of course being overly dramatic. But then again, perhaps it's why so many TV shows have been modeled after things like this. Holes in walls make the audience scream for more, right? Drama. Drama. Drama. Who draws the line?

Much Love.


"He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed." Proverbs 13:20

No comments: