Saturday, April 8, 2017

Estoy manejando un auto manual.

Emerged from the hospital this morning with a stretch and a smile. Made it through another week of nights. Even more triumphant, my Last week of nights for the year! Small successes.
Had a nice rest then rose again for a day of laundry and odds 'n ends.
One of my co-workers rotating at St. Vinny's with me right now has a manual vehicle. I'd been looking to get some practice in before leaving for vacation, and he was willing to let me drive. Best part... He has a Ford Mustang with a whole lot of horsepower behind it! It's so much fun! Hopefully with a bit more practice my transitions will become more reflective of graceful rather than rough and unrefined. And then, who knows... I'll be down-shifting on the entrance ramps.

He also tried to teach me heel-toe shifting. Maybe next time. ;)

Much Love.

No comments: