Sunday, November 30, 2014

Estoy agradecida.

My neighbor knocked on my door the other night.  Inquisitively I opened the door.  He was standing there with a pizza box and one question. "Do you like pizza?" Now that, is the easiest question I've been asked in a long time! Yes, I like pizza!  He had gotten the day's extras from the nearby pizza shop in addition to his order and was hoping to share with his neighbors.

November has been perhaps the fastest month of residency yet. Don't have a lot to say about the last bit of the month of November. It wasn't the most pleasant of experiences due to some tension amongst team members. I initially tried to sooth things over, which I quickly realized was making things worse. So I kept my head down, and rode the storm. And it calmed down on it's own time. By the last few days of the rotation the laughing and smiles had increased again, not to it's previous level, but it was at least on an upward trend.

I'm not naive to think that with billions of people in this world and as many individual personalities, that all will necessarily like me. There will be those that revile me, and say all manner of evil against me falsely. I'm not to be surprised when it happens. I'm not to retaliate when it happens.  I'm to check myself, my position and the intentions of my actions.  And I am to love. Love as Jesus would love though unrequited.

That's easy to say, even easy to put into words. Much harder to put into action. Hard to not doubt everything you've worked for. Hard to walk unashamed. Love does make it possible to do so, not easy, but possible.

I start at Bridgeport tomorrow for the month of December. It was an interesting month last time I was there, and it is bound to be yet another interesting month.

No comments: