Thursday, October 17, 2013

Yo tengo 28 años.

I had thought I'd post something on my actual birthday (Oct 16), but I came out of the testing center yesterday and my brain was flat-lining.

Leaving at the end of today it was more like the dizzing oscillation of a sine wave, but hey...at least it was waving.  I felt like someone had put me in the washer on a high spin cycle, and walking to my car afterwards found myself asking, "What just happened?"

Prometric testing centers need to consider installing punching bags at their offices.  I'm sure I'd not be the only one to make use of it after something like that. 

That being said, this is something I wrote to myself Tuesday night (Oct 15).  "If I let myself think about it, I know I'm not ready to take this test.  But at the same time I also know that it's time to do so.  Whatever happens I will praise Jesus!" 
It was time.  He's indulged me long enough, and needs my focus to be elsewhere now.  

So 28 years....  I'll admit it, perhaps a little out of breath finishing this lap.  A little wear and tear starting to show in the form of wrinkles and white hairs.  But wait for it..... wait for it.... there, second wind kicking in!  ;)  We're good to to go!

And what do I think I've learned in 28 years?

1) Jesus.  Lord and Savior.  Friend and Constant Companion.  Author and Finisher of Love.  Whether I believe or not, whether you believe or not, does not change the fact that he was, is and always will be the Only True God.

2) Time does not stop.  The future will eventually be the past. 

3) Impatience is perhaps the most futile of human emotions.  Proved useless by the simple constant passage of time itself. (Disclaimer: A lesson I've learned and yet know that I still struggle with impatience more than I probably even realize.)

3) Rock-bottom is merely the next step.

4) People.  Love people.  They are the reason and why Jesus has you where you are.

I could keep going I suppose, but really a lesson I've learned is that these mere 28 years isn't enough to claim experience or knowledge on anything. I see my older brothers and sisters in a light of renewed respect, that they've lived 80 plus years of this thing called life. Whew!! Wow!!  For anyone turning 90 and we all want to throw a party/open-house for you, please just smile and let us.  You give us courage and hope.  90 years are worth celebrating.  And you are worth celebrating for having lived them.

So let's get this 29th year underway!! And as many many more as You need, dear Lord.  They are yours.




Hasta!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you take Step 3?

dvm2015 said...

I just saw this online:
Live your life to its fullest for you have never been this old before, nor will you ever be this young again.
Happy belated birthday!