Thursday, October 24, 2013

Yo estoy boba.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned Dr. Marini before.  Perhaps the most brillant man I've ever met.  He's one of the Trauma surgeons/Critical Care Intensivists here at WMC.  I'm working on one project with him.  Best thing about his brilliance is that it is accompanied by a love of teaching.  He goes on teaching point tangents often.  No complaint here.  Only problem he has is expressing himself in a way the rest of us can understand.  For example, just this morning....

Dr. Marini:  "If this is orange, and this is orange, and this is apple.  Then you have oranges over apple minus one.  And this tells us that there is increased right ventricular afterload."

Nice try Dr. M, but somewhere between the fruit salad and the afterload....ya lost me.

My officemate, Juan, sometimes confuses his English.  Same as I do in Spanish.  There was a good one today that had me laughing.  Thought I'd share:
JMV:  "You afraid me!" (a.k.a. You scared me!)

Hasta!

No comments: