Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Yo estoy cambiando una llanta.

Another day.  Another flat tire. 

Got to the parking lot yesterday after leaving the hospital to find a nicely flat left rear tire.  So thankful it was left as, right, would have gone unnoticed.  I debated a whole 30 seconds about maybe making it to a gas station to fill it up and thus not have to actually put the donut on.  But a second good look at the tire, and I was 'good grief'ing myself for giving way to the idea in the first place.  The poor tire looked like a popped balloon. So I pulled out my tools and the donut, and set about changing the tire.

One lady commented while passing by that she was so shocked I was doing that.  Not even her husband knew how to change a tire.  Made me feel a tad better about my incredibly limited knowledge of car care.

But then this was followed by a medical student stopping after an 'uneventful' day in the hospital as he called it.  He asked if I needed some help.  I responded truthfully that No, it was okay. I was good.  The look I got in response to that was along the lines of 'yeaaaaah riiiiiiight, sure.'  And then he proceeded to help me anyways.  So I stood back, and I'll admit, it definitely went faster with his help.  But at the end I made some comment about tightening the tire once it's back on the ground again, and he gave me a look of surprise saying something along the lines of 'so you do know what you're doing!'  *Facepalm*  Do I even want to know how ridiculous I apparently must have looked trying to change that tire?  No, No I don't think I do.

Hasta!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm still proud of you Christy! Who needs "style points" when changing a tire? :)