Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Yo estoy trasladada.

Another day.  Another move.  Another place to call my current address as I pass through this life, a pilgrim just passing through.  I moved Monday with the help of Cheryl Ryan and Ashley Luginbuhl.  We scooped up my old apartment. Loaded it into the Ryan's van and my car.  Left New Rochelle heading North for Croton-on-Hudson.  Upon arrival, proceeded to drop everything into my new apartment.  By the time we finished it wasn't even noon yet.  So we celebrated a productive morning by breaking for lunch after which Cheryl and Ashley headed to their homes respectively and I returned to face the task of putting my apartment away.  Kind of like a load of laundry after it's finished drying, you reach in removing the entire contents of the dryer in one armload carrying it to it's next destination and then phwuop! you drop it.  That's all great you got it there, but now it needs to be folded and put away.  I think it would do the American population good to schedule regular moves into their lives.  Moving brings one face to face with just how much STUFF he/she has.  I am incredibly undeservedly blessed!  Getting situated was a bit tougher than I had expected, and a bit slower.  My new apartment is approximately half the size of my old place. (It was advertised as an "efficiency apartment")  So I really had to dive into the right side of my brain to find a place for everything.  It was a slow process, and in the end took me about 4 hours, but I was well satisfied with the results.  And best news!!!! There is totally room that the air mattress could fit (I'd just have to take the table down!)  So visitors won't have to sleep on the floor.  Although..... recently the air mattress has developed a slow leak, so by morning there's a good chance you'd be on the floor anyways :/.  Croton-on-Hudson is in a beautiful area of the Hudson Valley right on the river.  If any visitors came there's a couple of parks I'd want to explore.  Plus, I'm still within walking distance of the train...NYC is still just a short train ride away!!!! (perhaps not quite as short as from New Rochelle, but just a ride nonetheless!)

Hasta!

2 comments:

Schlipf family said...

yeah!! I will definately have to take you up on some park exploring!! Love and prayers and hugs,
Kaleigh

Anonymous said...

good luck in your journey :D