Monday, May 20, 2013

Yo estoy segura, puessssss.



As with moving to any new location, certain adjustments are a given.  Most obvious for me with this particular move is the lack of light and noise at night.  I’ve been in some sort of urban area for years, and now I’m in the woods.  I’m used to having my windows open 24/7 and being able to see out 24/7.  I look towards my windows now, and if the sun isn’t out all I see is blackness.  Unsettling to say the least.  Going along with that adjustment is the fact that I’ve come back to earth from the 6th floor.  On the 6th floor, it doesn’t matter if your windows are open or not.  No one sees in anyways.  People passing by whether driving, biking, walking, etc…they’re each in their own little worlds.  No one looks up.  I was sitting on my bed one night and looked up in time to catch the tail end of a plaid shirt that had just passed by.  Final straw.  So this morning I took hammer, nail and bedsheet to my window.  It’s holding for now.  I’m anxious for tonight, to see if it actually works!!

Hasta!

1 comment:

Heidi B said...

Did your curtains work?