Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Yo estoy preocupada.

Even though I had left early for CT on Sunday, before I'd even gotten out of New Rochelle I'd realized I'd forgotten my Bible and turned back.  So early turned into 'just on time.'  Merritt Parkway is finally turning green again making my drive on a clear sunny Sunday morning a perfect start to the day!

Ashley returned with me from CT Sunday night and we enjoyed to beautiful Spring day in the city on Monday.  One stop of the day was Greenwood Cemetery in Brooklyn.  It has been said that the "ambition of the New Yorker to live upon the Fifth Avenue, to take his airings in the (Central) Park, and to sleep with his fathers in Green-Wood."


 The Main Entrance to Greenwood Cemetery

 Amber Miller!!! We saw your relatives all over the place!!

 No clue what made that go so special

 Many famous people are among those sleeping in Greenwood. Of them all we only had time to visit one and so choose Leonard Bernstein.  Pleasantly surprised to find his stone as such.

 Christened the Leaning Tower of Cemetery Gravestone by Ashley.

 Many of the tombs were built into the sides of all the hills.

One of the small lakes in the cemetery.

Today I'm at the Mid-Manhattan Public Library to study.  This building is pretty amazing.  Would have liked to study in the map room, but choose the periodicals room as it was less busy.

Hasta!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Yay Mid-Manhattan public library! Isn't that the place Sarah and I explored??

and yes...I seem to have "relatives" all over the place!