Monday, May 20, 2013

Yo estoy quemada.



Yesterday my Dove chocolate wrapper told me to sleep in today.  So I did.  Granted I woke up on my own same time as always, but rolled my eyes and stayed below the covers.   I only made it about an hour longer and Proverbs 6:9 was going through my mind like ticker tape “How long wilt thou sleep, o sluggard? When wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?”   Fine! Fine!   I’m up already! 

Zechariah 13:9  And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

He doesn’t say he “might” try “some” of them “if” they actually “need” refining.  But, he “will try them” and he “will refine them.”  Just as the potter molds the clay as he sees fit to perfect the vessel he chooses to create, so must we be molded and refined.  This is nothing new to the believer.  Any babe in Christ encounters the growing pains of walking the straight and narrow.  The fire comes later. 

Another log was thrown on the fire last Friday.  Although I probably should have been ready for it, the heightened blaze kind of caught me off guard.  I was thankful to be in CT for the weekend.  It’s much easier to distract oneself from your own fire surrounded by hundreds of others each with their own trials and struggles.  I know this fire is long from going out, but the recent blaze has at least died down to embers for the time being.  I can only pray that as I go through this fire, as I am hollowed out and brought to my knees as nothing before the throne of Christ; when He rises me up again I will be even less of myself and more of Him.

1 Peter 1:7-9  7That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: 8Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: 9Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Happy Monday!! :)
Hasta!

No comments: