Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Yo estoy moviendo.

I play games.  Games on my computer.  Solitaire.  Spider Solitaire.  Free Cell.  Mahjong. I don't waste time playing them, but more use them as filler time.  I need a short break so I play a few games and then go back to studying.  I've done this for years.  I can remember first learning Free Cell on my big ol' desktop way back in undergrad.  Anyways, over the years I've changed computers a couple of times since that desktop.  And each time I get to start over on the games.  Make a new high score, or on my current computer, maintaining a 100% success rate.  More than once in the past I've had the same Mahjong game open on my computer for days, my own stubbornness keeping me from closing it down, unwilling to give up on it.  And you know what?  It always gets figured out in the end.  It was just another puzzle waiting to be solved.  Then to change things up once in awhile I focus on trying to beat my high score.  On one particular Mahjong arrangement, the Dragon, the existing high score was well over a year old, but try as I might I couldn't beat it.  Then one day I was playing while not even paying attention, and upon finishing had to catch my breath because not only had a new high score been made but it blew the last one out of the water by over 100 points!!  I was upset.  Here I had been trying to do that for a long time, and then all of a sudden without even trying it just happens!  And since I wasn't paying attention I have no clue how it happened.  I can't try to repeat it, because I don't know what was done in the first place.  This new high score just rendered all my past efforts worthless.  I felt almost as if that new high score was undeserved, because I hadn't earned it.  And then because I think too much, I likened that game to life.  How sometimes we have to work, and work, and work.  And then sometimes, it's just given to us.  No explanation, just cause. 

As today was the first day of May, I figured it was probably time I looked into where I'll be staying come June.  Have the 31 days of May to find a place and then move there.  I almost talked myself into waiting until tomorrow, but in the end mentally slapped myself and punched Craigslist into the url.  A few short clicks later a list of apartment listings in Westchester scrolled the screen before my eyes.  I picked a few and sent out inquiry emails.  I got a few responses.  I set up a time to go see one, which I was completely shocked was still available.  And upon talking with the landlord, she basically thrust the keys at me saying it's yours if you want it!  She was even willing to meet me halfway.  Halfway through May, so I don't have to pay rent at two places for the same month.  I am so completely shocked by the events of today.  I had started apartment searching today thinking it would take the whole month to find the kind of place I need.  But just like that, it was handed to me.  No explanation, just cause.  Perhaps, God was feeling sorry for me and decided to throw me a freebee for some reason.  Or perhaps, He did it just cause He wanted to.  Because he likes to surprise us like that.  Whatever His reason, I am humbled by and sincerely thankful for His goodness and kindness.

In his own way it's almost like He told me, "See Christy! I got you! I got this! It's gonna be just fine!"
 Praising Jesus!

Hasta!

No comments: