Saturday, April 20, 2013

Yo estoy al principio.

Yesterday was my last day at the hospital.  Normally last days and finishings carry with them at least some semblance of pomp and circumstance...normally.  This time there's not even a feeling of completion.  I had to remind myself this time of the significance of the day.  I'm not going to be in a hospital again for quite a few weeks.  And I'm not going to be taking care of patients for even longer than that.  New York Medical College does hold a completion ceremony for us.  And this year I'll be able to put initials behind my name.  But to me, my graduation was in Mexico.  I actually finished something there.  It was a symbolic "escaping" the grasp of UAG, although I'll never actually escape I suppose.  Just a couple weeks ago, emails started circulating of some paperwork that we had all signed a year ago before leaving Mexico that now no longer exists.  So we all had phone calls to make, payments to make (of course), emails to send, and papers to sign and snail mail to them as they needed the originals.  So even though. .....You know, I think I'll just stop that tangent there because I'll just spiral into a rant which will do no good for anyone.  Back to my original thought,  it doesn't feel as if I'm finishing anything this year.  Just the opposite in fact, I feel as if I'm back at the beginning, starting all over again.  So here's to detours, paths less traveled, a bend in the river, new beginnings, a new adventure or simply tomorrow becoming today however you want to call it.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Hasta!

No comments: