Friday, February 8, 2013

Yo estoy sobreviviendo la nevasca.

I woke up this morning, looked outside, and started singing...

  "Here comes the snow
Do, do, do, do
Here comes the snow, and I say 
It's all right..
Do do do do, do do, do do"

...And I've been singing it ever since. Stuck in my head it is.

Mr. Loco was not there to meet me when I returned to the hospital on Monday.  We've since had others presenting with some psych problems, but I don't know...they just all seem to pale in comparison now.

A little old lady came in with vomiting and diarrhea.  I liked her though because I got to speak with her in Spanish, and whenever we'd enter the room she'd say, "Ay! Doctorcito!!"  She always has her 49ers blanket neatly spread over her bed.  I d0n't have the heart to bring the subject up with her though.

A bed ridden old man came in with dangerously high levels of sodium in his blood. (high everything to be honest)  A problem like that actually takes quite a bit of math and a lot of monitoring to set right, so a bit of brain power was required there.

To tell you the truth...I really haven't studied anything Internal Med related in over a year.  I've always got surgery books with me instead.  So it's my own fault I'm so rusty when calculating free water deficits and infusion rates.  Oh well.  I'm trying to dust out the cobwebs that have collected in my brain, but it's a rather tiring process.

I would like to make it to CT this weekend as I'm not on call.  But for now the snow is still coming.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.

"Snow, snow, snow, here it comes
Snow, snow, snow, here it comes
Snow, snow, snow, here it comes
Snow, snow, snow, here it comes
Snow, snow, snow, here it comes"

"Here comes the snow
Do, do, do, do
Here comes the snow, and I say 
It's all right..

Hasta!

No comments: