Sunday, July 29, 2012

Yo estoy cansada.

Things just aren't going as planned today.  I was on call yesterday and only managed time to close my eyes for about 15 min at about 4:30 this morning.  So right off the bat, stumbling into my apartment, I just managed to drop my bag. hang up my coat, and take off my cell before crashing on my bed for a nap.  Forcing myself up again two hours later I left to go to Starbucks to listen to church, only to get into my car and have it not start.  I'm stranded.  Got my neighbor's opinion which just reflected my own.  I chuckled to myself at my reaction to the situation because it reflects my daily routine of patient care. 'What's the problem?' 'What's the plan?' Always gotta know the plan.  So, momentarily without vehicular assistance I trudged back into the hospital to set up in the corner of the cafeteria.  I made it just in time for morning service only to be horribly disappointed to find the service not turned on.  So I waited it out hoping for the afternoon service....nope.  No such luck.  Afternoon service is currently underway in Gridley, and I'm getting nada.  Sigh!  I'm glad my day wasn't "planned out" much further than this, because I'm really not liking the current trend.

Ah Ha! Just had an idea!  I'll download some recent sermons and then be able to listen to them when I go back to my apartment.  Problem solved! :)

The Emergency Department now is recognizing me as a member of the Surgery Team.  We respond and take lead on all of the trauma cases.  This past week it was just one of the Housestaff and I taking call when a trauma comes in.  The doctor I was working with sent me ahead of her.  I rushed into the ED and immediately everyone was looking at me to make the decisions.  Thankfully the doctor was very close behind me because I was caught off guard and quite horribly tongue-tied until she arrived.

Happy Sunday everyone!  Hope yours is proving to be much smoother than mine! :)

Hasta!

No comments: