Sunday, August 5, 2012

Yo estoy pensando.

It's been a whirlwind of the last couple of days.  Amy Hohulin and Tara Prevo decided to come out for a visit.  I arraigned my schedule so that I was on call Thursday.  When they arrived (at about 11:30 pm) I ran out to meet them and get them situated in the apartment so they could sleep then I went back to work.  The doctor that I was on call with ended up falling asleep at about 2 am leaving me to finish up all the paperwork by myself.  To be honest it kind of frustrated me a bit.  Even when pages would come in I'd wake him to relay the message.  He'd just wave me away and tell me to take care of it.  He'd given me his password so I could do just that.  Perhaps I could take it as a compliment that he trusted me that much.....but I couldn't help thinking that he was being irresponsible.  I was a bit sad to leave Friday morning.  I'll be back in March for 3 more weeks of surgery at Sound Shore but by that time all of the current residents will have rotated out, so it felt much more like a goodbye leaving.  I went home and took a quick nap but then before starting our day I went back to the Surgery offices one more time and had them make a few calls for me.  Trying to make use of my connections to perhaps get an elective downtown.  We'll see what happens...fingers crossed.  Then we headed downtown and took the subway all the way out to Coney Island.  Ate corn dogs.  Walked along the boardwalk.  Rode the Wonder Wheel.  Then we made our way back stopping to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. Meander through Chinatown.  Eat pizza in Little Italy.  Just all around a really good day.  We took Saturday a bit easier, relaxing in the afternoon and then young group Saturday night.  And today we enjoyed the Rockville congregation.  The visitors for the conference are already starting to arrive.  Tara is a bit of a celebrity as many from the Rockville congregation move to Fort Lauderdale for the winter.  I meet many new from the church as the visitors (Amy and Tara) attracted them.  And right now we are waiting.  While at church the Viens invited three different couples for dinner so we've got the dining table all set up, ready and waiting.

I start a new rotation at a new hospital tomorrow.  Time is passing.

Hasta!

No comments: