Monday, March 26, 2012

Yo estoy cansada.

Back in GDL. I was pleasantly surprisd to find I was happy to see Mexico again. Eight weeks has been the longest I've been away from my home here. I got into the taxi at the airport and had amoment's panic realizing I was blanking on street names. Had to make the taxi driver pause and wait while I remembered them. That's when I realized just how long I had been away.

Got to the house no problem. Yay I'm home....wait a sec....my bedroom door is locked. Tried it again...yup still locked. You've got to be kidding me! I've never locked my door plus when I'm gone I make sure to leave it open in case my roommates need to get in. Tried it again...still locked. No accesible hinges on the door. No screws on the door knob. A roommate and I went at the doorknob with a couple of knives. A few others flat out tried to kick the door in. A locksmith was called who of course never showed up and when we called back we got a machine. So now frustrated and flat out mad at the situation I went through the window. Finally apurpose for a window that goes no where. I exited the hallway through a window and was able to reach my toe out to the window that goes to my room. I'm thankful I'm not scared of hights. Plus I also knew that falling from that hight was easily survivable. But all that aside, it didn't really matter if my room was 2nd or 5th story; I was going to get into that room one way or another! In the end the door was opened a small hole was ripped in my jeans, now sewn shut. Talk about a Welcome Home!

No rest yet. First stop this morning was HAL for my assignment. When the lady handed me my paperwork she asked me if I knew where I was going. I was able to answer Yes only because two seconds prior she had mentioned what hospital I was assigned to. Yes, I do now!! When I got there they didn't really know what to do with me. No surprise there. And I had to affirm on multiple occasion that Yes, I was there by myself. In the end it kind of went like this..."Well, you're here now. Why don't you just stay" So I guess I'm part of the "C" team now.

Hasta!

1 comment:

Schlipf family said...

crazy welcome home!! Glad you survived your first days. Love ya and thanks for taking time for a walk the other day! :) - K