Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Yo estoy asqueada.

Dogs bark.
Cows moo.
Cats meow.
and I live another day.

I'm still enjoying Dermatology. I really like the doctora that I'm working with. The ringtone of her personal cell phone is "Man! I Feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twain so everytime she gets a call 'Let's go girls!' rings out around the office. Makes me smile to myself everytime!

Dermatology has got to be the easiest area of medicine I've encountered so far. I don't mean easy as in anyone can do it, but easy as in the demand it places on your life. Not much other than regular office hours. In the past I've been sprayed with blood and splashed with baby. The worst I've had in Derm is spritzed with steroid. All in a day's work! :)

For the past week or so I've driven past a speed trap on my way home from the hospital without a problem. Guess I forgot about it today. So I took my spot in line behind all the other cars being routed to the side of the road to wait for their tickets. Had a lovely chat with the policeman, explained all my paperwork to him, then he went about filling out my ticket. The thing about writing me a ticket in Mexico is that I could get by without paying it (for various reasons), but I also know myself well enough that I know I'd pay it anyways just to avoid any possible complications that could arise. However, when this guy finishes he comes back to my window, and starts messing around. I told myself I would never pay off an officer and in my past few encounters I've been completely honest, and then played dumb and ditzy for the rest with 100% success rate. But today this guy was so blatently obvious in what he wanted. Such an abuse of power sickens me. Or perhaps it was just the smug look on his face as he repeated for the third time that I can't tell anyone about the exchange. Or even more likely, probably the combination of the two.

Hasta!

No comments: