Friday, January 14, 2011

Yo estoy reforzada.

Happy Friday everyone! We have indeed lived yet another week of our lives. Hopefully there was laughter and dancing involved for everyone! :)

My debate over whether or not to get internet lasted only about 30 minutes upon arrival at my apartment in GDL. But instead of going through the headache of dealing with Megacable I took a chance and asked my neighbor if I could share her signal. She said yes. :)

Sunday was a rather depressing day for me. In a matter of hours I'd gone from constant companionship about 98% of my waking time (and during sleeping time, had I yelled there was always somebody to hear me) to being by myself once again. Add that to the feeling you have when vacation ends and you're not ready for it and you get my state of mind on Sunday. I got choked up over a pair of machine dried socks! Not one of my finer moments! but I've since then started back into my schedule at HAL and worn my share of cardboard stiff socks! All's well again! :)

I was proud of myself Sunday though, as I did remember to turn up the dail on the boiler BEFORE showering this time. And a good thing I remembered it in the morning because the pilot light had decided to take a vacation itself this time. The boiler and I were caught in a game of To-Light-or-Not-To-Light for a while. It was being awfully stubborn. A couple times I had to give the boiler some time to think it over telling him I'd come back with a bigger lighter....or something. Really I just had to periodically take breaks before frustration caused me to side kick it! It wasn't too long and the pilot light lit again officially naming me victor!!! muahaha! Unfortunately, the boiler retaliated and got it's vengence on me by completely scalding me in shower, but then again red complexion is nothing new for me!

Like normal we had no information about our semester except a time and place to be on the first day. I live two minutes from my old campus and a small but very busy road that I use to get around the ICB campus closed right before I had left for Christmas and Monday morning I discovered it was still closed, causing me to have to turn around and go on a long detour finding an alternate route to HAL, of course hitting every red light on the way (at least it seemed like it!). I made it by 8:02 just in time to walk into an empty room and over hear someone exclaiming that it had been moved to 9 am! Welcome back to UAG! Somehow they manage to make sure that no one knows what's going on! Oh well, I spent the hour running around HAL back and forth between offices and making copies and turning in what needed to be in the right offices (as somehow Mexican offices don't communicate and each one needs a hardcopy for itself)! It took me about the whole hour but in the end I emerged with a list number offically putting me in 6th semester. Success!

When we finally flooded back into the room at 9 am. There were so many of us!! And even stranger, it seemed I'd never seen the majority of all these students. Without telling us HAL administration had combined our international program with about 100 Latin students! I'm not happy about it and working on swallowing my pride. I'm having trouble getting over the fact that us internationals pay over twice what each Latin student pays and yet not only are our progams combined at HAL but now they've got us combined into the same rotation! Pride really is disgusting going down!

Since Monday's detour trip to HAL I've taken up cutting through the ICB campus and pick up my route on the opposite side of it. I'm still going to be able to carpool this semester but I started early a couple days this week so I drove myself allowing me to use the ICB shortcut. It makes me feel Oh So Important to flash my ID at the gate and have the guard on duty nod me admittance! Wow!! Am I really that cool?!?!...ahem...pathetic!?!?!?!

It makes me happy to be driving in Mexico once again. Honestly, behind the wheel has been where the majority of my dancing has taken place this week! :)

Hasta!!!!!!!!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you dancing behind the wheel...that makes me smile! Love ya and prayers!!
K