Saturday, January 8, 2011

Yo estoy luchando con emociones.

It's a beautiful day this Saturday in Illinois. I love that it's relatively white again, and then with the sunshine....winter really can be lovely. Makes it harder to say goodbye unfortunately.

I'll be returning to an apartment internetless, hence why writing now! I was originally planning to head to the megacable office on Monday and get the situation fixed, but now I'm considering not going. Could I survive without internet access in my apartment? I could bring my computer to HAL with me everyday and take care of business there. And if I need extended access for research or Bible study prep I could go to a classmate's for a few hours or so. And in the back of my mind I'm considering this as a possible solution to help curb the time I spend on Youtube. We'll see what ends up happening within the week I guess.

What lies ahead:
- finally finding out how many are to be in my class. As the number varied with each rotation last semester it's hard to even make a guess.
- Monday, sometime between figuring out where and when I'm expected to be I've got paperwork and receipts to turn in. I wouldn't be surprised if Monday I show up and am not on the class list. Due to being assigned guardias the month of Dec. I was not able to turn afore mentioned paperwork into the escolar before leaving. I'm not too worried as it'll eventually get sorted out. I mean, hey!, I come with thousands of dollars in loans, they'll get me on the list in a jif.....well, a Mexican jif at least!
- I just checked GDL weather. Lows for today and tomorrow are both under 37 degrees F. Whimper! After two years, I've picked up that no matter what the high is for a given day...the inside temperature is dictated by the low, whether winter or summer. I've already planned that after unpacking I'm going to be adding a blanket to my bed. Hey! A bonus for you if I decide to not get internet in my apartment; it'll spare you my excessive complaints about being cold. I should make it a goal to be more positive. This year winter will only remain until about mid Feb! maybe...hopefully...sigh, moving on.
- Rotations this semester are OB/GYN, surgery, Peds, and another guardia. Excited about them all. Perhaps I'll have an area of practice chosen after this semester.

Hasta!

No comments: