Saturday, April 4, 2009

Yo estoy empeciendo respirar otra vez.

The exam came and went yesterday not bothering to ask if I was ready for it or not. Oh well, some things in life are just plain rude! We move on!

A classmate's birthday was yesterday; so we got together at a dinner. The restaurant she choose, Refugio del Fraile, had a monastery atmosphere (waiters wearing the brown monk robes and everything). I ordered the ceaser salad. They made a big show out of preparing the dressing there by our table. Grinding the herbs together. Separating the egg yolk to put in it. Slowly adding the oil. Then they took five pieces of lettuce and two croutons, dipped them in the dressing they had just prepared, arrainged them on a plate, and set my salad before me. I will laugh about that night for a long time. Probably the most expensive five pieces of lettuce I will ever have in my life.

Dropped a friend off at the airport on my way to Ixtlan so left a bit earlier than normal. The number of trucks on the road was greater than normal though so that kind of compensated for it.

Playing volleyball tonight I accidentally reverted back to soccer. In reacting to a spike by the other team instead of putting my fist up to hit the ball I headed it without even thinking. If that wasn't embarrassing enough the header wasn't even successful. Aiaiaiai!

Update on Sarah and her mother, Elizabeth: Elizabeth was not there to take the respiratory exam yesterday, and Sarah has not been going to school anymore. Triffinie's sons, who attend the same school as Sarah, report that Sarah has returned to the States. Do not know if this means that both have returned to the States, or if either are coming back, or just exactly what the case is.

No comments: