Sunday, February 1, 2009

Yo estoy en Ixtlan.

Due to complications of internet and electricity availability I have not been able to update as desired, but I finally find myself in Ixtlan for an extended weekend and am now able post.
1) I got a bed!! Yea! I am off the floor. It still feels a bit odd looking at my room from a different angle, and not sinking into the mattress so far that if I don't lay straight my knee hits the floor.
2) In the middle of Nutrition the other day I had a sudden urge for McDonalds and was immediately stuck by the irony of the place and time. It was followed by an urge for Panera in the middle of Histology. One of those passing things I guess.
3) Our class has gone health crazy this semester. Everyone and their roommate has gotten a membership at World's gym or another gym around the city. How do these people have the time to go to a gym?!?! Instead of getting into a taxi to go to a gym, why don't they just run to the gym then run back again? cheaper. less time. good cardio. lowers BMR. burns calories.
4) Horrible news!!! My soccer playing friends are going to get PINK jerseys for us to play in! All I can say is I must really love playing soccer if I'm willing to run around a field in pink.
5) Mexico has a holiday on Monday so there are no classes. The Morelia YG is meeting the Ixtlan YG in Pascua for the holiday. By extension that includes the Guadalajara YG, me!!! Lord knows I need the YG fellowship.
6) In addition to gym memberships, it seems as if everyone is getting a dog! Once again how do these people have time to take care of a dog!?!? They take so much time. I would love to have a dog but wouldn't get one simply because the poor thing would deserve a better owner. Maybe a fish!!!!
7) In addition to soccer, people are getting together to play frisbee on Saturdays! Who needs a gym?!?!

Happy February everyone!
Hasta!

1 comment:

Tara said...

#4 is my favorite!