Friday, February 6, 2009

Yo estoy esperando para agua.

I have found that sleeping off the floor makes a dramatic change in the temperature. I was sleeping with half the covers that I normally use last night and I still woke up due to being overheated. The floor is cold, now off the floor is too warm. I've got to find a nice in-between.

Last Tuesday at PMC the carnival is still going on in Santa Anita. Thankfully they weren't constantly shooting of fireworks this week though. At a point when no patients were at the clinic the nurses sent us out to go look around. In the plaza in front of the church a band was playing. However, this was no ordinary mariachi band you would typically find in Mexico, this was a concert band. I was shocked! Two songs that I recognized were Hello Dolly! and New York, New York (to which Shabnam and I immediately started a kick line but stopped once we started receiving odd glances from those around us.)

I was reading my Histology text last night and was finally able to enjoy the subject. I had not been excited about it at all due to the fact that none of the professors we've had teaching us have been interesting to me. It's more like I squirm in my seat until the two hours are over and I can stop trying to force myself to listen. I will always say this about UAG; they treat the international students differently but still too much like the Latin students. We've had 4 years of undergrad to develop studying skills unlike the Latin students who are much younger and we don't need so much class time.

Tomorrow I am going to this extravagant birthday party for the daughter of one of my classmates. It's her sweet 16 with a quincenera theme (I don't think you could get more extravagant than that.) This'll be interesting.

I want to go play soccer, but I'm waiting for water to be delivered. Argh!

Hasta!

No comments: