Thursday, August 25, 2022

Soy mujer.

 I cut up all the fresh vegetables myself. Well, that and a lot of lime, salt and cilantro. Key to a good guacamole. Made my guacamole for the office this week. Had only taken a few months of them pestering. Not that I hadn't wanted to bring it sooner, but in my defense it does take time to chop all those vegetables. So had to plan the trip to the store and the preparation all in time to bring in a nice guacamole, fresh. My partner paid for the pizza. The shock on their faces that I had never had Arni's pizza, was only something a Lafayette native could muster. So they took it upon themselves to fix that, and I can finally say I've had Arni's pizza. 

I had a patient visit me in clinic. To say she was nervous would be an understatement. And unfortunately, the poor thing laughs when she is nervous. Like tears running down her cheeks laughing. And even more unfortunately, it created such a humorous situation that I then started laughing. Between the two of us, we just laughed our way through the consultation. I'm not sure how we both survived but we made it through and even had a plan in place by the time we were finally wiping the last tears from our eyes. I can only imagine what that had sounded like.

I had a patient follow up with me after his surgery. Healing great, and about to send him on his way. I always pause to ask, "any last questions, concerns, comments, that I can help you with." He thought a moment. He had a comment to share. From the very start of his experience, preoperatively with the office secretary at the window, through the surgery, and ending that day with his follow up, every single individual that he had come into contact with and helped him had been female. Save one random male that he had seen the day of surgery, who had been leaning against a wall looking at his phone, every tech, nurse, doctor, etc had been female. He said it with a touch of awe in his voice remembering back when women were only trusted to type. I responded with a smile and a thanks in agreement, it is a pretty solid team.

Much Love.

No comments: