Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Estoy estudiando.

 My summer "vacation" has come to an end. It was perhaps unintentional this year. The team in Lafayette had not planned for my presence and continued work here; the schedule had been finalized without me factored in. So in the process of reworking the schedule I ended up with only two calls the entire month of July. As a result I was able to take a few quick trips, and get through a handful of new referrals in clinic and elective cases. I've also moved into a house with a few other sisters from church. With my future once again being completely unknown I really was not keen on the idea of signing a contract for an apartment. On top of that my apartment from last year was doubling their rent, if I was to resign. Which unfortunately was only the cherry on top of reasons why I didn't want to stay there.  It's a good thing I've never expanded beyond a studio, because even that took quite a bit of downsizing to fit in a 10' x 9' room again. It is yet another example of Jehovah jireh's provision in my life. 

Last few random photos from the month of July.

Seeing and reconnecting with a few friends at Proclaim & Serve. 

Pool party with Sarah & Katie! Was attempting to take a picture of Katie's two girls, and like perfect timing, they both started falling right as I took the picture. I did retake the photo and managed to get both smiling faces, but somehow this one is more special and makes me laugh.

Weekend trip to Navy Pier, Chicago for a Westchester reunion. There were a few that at last minute were unable to make it, but it was still worth the trip to see and catch up with both Clara and Ash. Ash is loving his plastic surgery fellowship in Detroit, and after growing up on Staten Island, living his entire life in the city, declared to me, "I love it Christy, I'm staying." The MidWest has a convert!

Honestly, couldn't tell you who he was, but he smiled so I couldn't pass up the picture. And now, I just look my hair standing on end and I understand why he was smiling/laughing!

Lake Michigan

Navy Pier. Chicago.
 
It's my week on call. I get to introduce our new hire to the hospital this week. Alyssa was supposed to be taking my spot amongst the partners, but since I'm still here, I get to work with her too! Life's full of surprise blessings! 

Much Love.

No comments: