Saturday, March 5, 2022

Estoy en una burbuja.

 Meet Mackenzie. She's new to my operating room bubble.

Mackenzie was hired on to specifically be my tech back in December. Her paperwork finally was cleared mid-January, so we've been working together for a couple months now. No one asked me, and no one complained, but I can only imagine. Covering any one of my partners is a full time job for a single tech, so over my first 6 months I got too busy for them to continue with sharing cross-coverage. It happened many times that I'd have to call in the covering tech who would work with me through the night, and then still have their full day covering their regular surgeon waiting for them. So now I get to rely on Mackenzie! After my LASIK, I got new protective eyewear recommended by Mackenzie, and they are fantastic. Work so much better than what I had previously been using. Sign of a good tech, pays attention to detail. :)

Mackenzie also appreciates my OR bubble soundtrack. I'll be honest, I was nervous at first. Nervous that others would not like my music, but the music is important to me. In my bubble, I loose track of the problems outside of the bubble, and its peaceful. As a med student, as a resident, and even now its the same. I step into the OR and everything is all right. I'm in my bubble. So I put together a playlist that made me happy. It's rather eclectic, and sometimes the circulator sings along. Sometimes its the anesthesiologist singing along. I smile behind my mask whenever I hear them. 

Made a quick trip over to central Illinois to hang out with my nephews and sister the other weekend. Got to introduce them to climbing! We all had a blast!


 


Much Love.

No comments: