Thursday, December 30, 2021

Estoy entera.

 "They're dropping like flies." The exact phrase one of the hospitalists used to describe our current state of COVID in the hospital. "It's worse than ever, even the first wave." Another paraphrase from one of our PAs. The restrictions on elective cases have already been prolonged. And my emergency cases are coming through with positive COVID results again. Walking down the hallways the tables of PPE outside patient rooms are increasing in number. Our ambulatory surgery area of the hospital has been transitioned to hold our overflow of inpatients. 

I do have a different perspective than my colleagues, so don't notice that our current state in Indiana is in anyway the level of strain COVID put on the system now almost two years ago in New York. But it is still that. A strain on the system. Stay safe my friends. Protect one another and care for your neighbors.

I started booking my cases as robotic. It says something if you are persistent. They either got tired of my pestering, or annoyed with my repeated texts, but either way they stopped putting up the hoops and let it go. Ha, just to illustrate how much of a mess this has been, because of the fuss caused by my simple request to use the robot they ultimately had meetings to rewrite the DaVinci requirements. And currently as the rules have been rewritten and sent to the powers that be for approval, no one can actually tell me if the old rules or the new rules need to be followed. So I just keep my head down and do surgery, it's all I want to do anyways. Let them fight about the rules, I'll stay in my bubble and do surgery. I'm happy. Not so sure about them.

I think I am finally doing better from a caffeine withdrawal aspect. I expect more time before my energy level returns to its previous level, but I am not feeling so awful anymore. 

I did have some coffee for Christmas. But look at this...

Christmas morning at my parent's home. Just wouldn't be complete without a cup of coffee! 

Granted, I returned to work on Monday and struggled with headaches again for a few days. But they were short lived and it was worth it. It also tells me that I'm not quite there yet. My goal would be to be able to have coffee or not have coffee, and not worry about being sick, whatever that decision may be. 

The first to join me by the fire Christmas morning. It took very little prodding for him to go wake his brothers in order to open their Christmas stockings!


Heading out for a walk after the festivities calmed down. We just about missed the sunset.



No comments: