Monday, December 20, 2021

Estoy disfrutando las luces.

 As we are in the midst of the Holiday season of 2021, I am starting to look around and appreciate, maybe even for the first time, where God has brought me this year. I don't know how long exactly, but I had slipped into a robot survival mode sometime the last two years of my residency. A part of me had done so consciously, and did it in order to "survive." What I didn't realize at the time or during these past two years is perhaps, just how deep that forced facade had impacted me. Even to the point of preventing any personal growth. It's been an interesting time in Lafayette thus far, but dare I say I feel as if I am finally beginning to settle a bit and appreciate the opportunity for restoration, and hopefully growth again finally.

 A few of the "young professionals" went to take in the Christmas lights at Newfields in Indy. L to R: Andrea Furrer, Julie Lanz, Tyler Tonner, Callie Furrer, Nicole Bauman, me, Joel Luthi

Christmas lights at Newfields

Christmas lights at Newfields

Our work Christmas party (a few are out of view of the camera unfortunately). Fun evening of food and conversation. After dinner we stood in a circle and sang Christmas carols and presented a few gifts. I am still amazed at the opportunity I have with this group to openly love Jesus, and know that I am not alone, but amongst brothers and sisters. I may travel the world one day, who knows where this life will lead, but I'll never again find a such a unique blessing as this team.  

Much Love.

No comments: