Thursday, December 6, 2018

Estoy tratando mantener mi vida.

This is not my Spain post. I still have yet to go through my pictures. I know, unusually behind schedule for my typical. I do have a good reason.

We returned from Spain last Sunday. We had a layover in Heathrow, and have you ever been?? That place is huge. Each terminal probably about 10x the size of B-N entire airport, and to move between them requires multiple modes of transport including bus, tram, and walking (or in our case running). I'd been there about 15 years ago, definitely different than it is today. I thought we'd have plenty of time, didn't understand the concern. Until, on more than one occasion, airport personnel would appreciate our connecting flight and comment, "ooooo, you're not going to make it." Thankfully we weren't the only ones. There ended up being two flights, ours from Barcelona and another from Rome that had a few booking through Heathrow. My travel mates got held up at security so I ran ahead. And I stood there at the gate, well aware it was way past time the gate was supposed to have closed, exclaiming that they were just minutes behind me. And they held the plane for us! God Bless them!

I did find it rather odd that we were all in agreement in the fact that we didn't actually want to come home, and yet we booked it across miles of airport as if our life depended on it. So thankful we were to make our flight.

On the day prior to our return I had finally gone through the hundreds of texts and emails that had piled up from work while I was gone. I had learned in one of those emails that upon my return I was to take on the role of Chief resident of Vascular. Long story, and I had been upset at first. Running a service is much more responsibility than just being a mid-level team member, and honestly that was what I had finally gotten my head around and was thinking about whilst high-tailing it through Heathrow with my pack on my back. I had a lot to organize to get myself and my team ready for the next day.

So now, since being back, work is taking up most, well nearly all, of my effort and energy. Which brings us full circle. This is not my Spain post. I make a small effort each day and go through a few pictures, trying to make a mental note of my favorite pictures, or which ones I'd like to share.

There are some that I really like, but I know just won't make the cut. Like this one.
We wanted to take a picture of the water fountain. Nothing really special about this random water fountain tucked away behind the palace walls and gardens of the Alhambra. But, for some reason we thought it should have a picture. So we proceeded to collect ourselves in awkward positions and upon viewing the result cheered and congratulated ourselves for getting that fountain in the picture

Or like this picture of a flower.
It's a very pretty flower. It's a fine picture too. But it's neither the picture nor the flower that I actually like, hence, eliminating it from the running of going in the final post. Instead it is the story behind the photo that I like.Where I was when I took the picture. How I felt taking the picture or even my memories of what happened later that day after I took the picture.

So I will continue to work through my pictures and hopefully soon my Spain post with be forth-coming.

Much Love.




No comments: