Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Estoy viva y próspera

I drove in later than usual to work today. I left early expecting the rush hour traffic at the later hour. To my surprise, there was very slim traffic. Thinking about it during my drive, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. Most have taken the holiday week off of work. I'm thankful to have had a nice weekend. I'm also thankful to have a job to return to, plus... we finally got to operate on the wrist of our dingbat of a patient!! The saga finally comes to a close. :)

On Christmas Eve, I had the opportunity to attend the wedding of a co-worker. 
Adi married Ana!

 Adi, Ana and myself


 Adi waves to me from under the veil while wedding guests throw blessings (rose petals) on the married couple.
 
After the wedding with some of my co-workers. (L to R: me, Min Li, Matt (and girlfriend Lindsey), Erwin (and wife Nadine), Arpit (one of my chiefs from two years ago), and Ash (one of my co-interns)

After the wedding, I drove up to Connecticut for Christmas. I was blessed to be able to spend the weekend with John and Maureen Virkler and their family.

 Silent Night


I had learned just before leaving for the weekend, that the 26th was an OR holiday (Christmas observed). Meaning no cases for us. I wanted to take the opportunity to go into the city, drink a cup of coffee, take a selfie and see the lights. When the Virklers mentioned they had the same thought, they let me tag along!
Amanda V. and little Kenzie, not quite tall enough yet.
I got my cup of coffee at the Christmas Village in Bryant Park.

Grabbed my selfie by the Christmas Tree in Bryant Park as well.
 
 After an adventure through Greenwich Village, with more coffee involved, we found our way to the Spotted Pig.

 And after the Spotted Pig, caught the Subway back to MidTown for the lights!

 Trip complete!

Me, Kenzie and Amanda V
(Little Miss Kenzie was a Rockstar the whole day, we had fun spoiling her!)
  
They had made fun of me for the first selfie, so were willing to help me with a redo at the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree! (L to R: Kenzie, me, Amanda V., Maureen, John)
 

Thank you NYC! You never disappoint!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Much Love.

No comments: