Saturday, December 31, 2016

Estoy en Jehovahjireh

I read in Genesis 22 this morning. Someone mentioned it to me earlier this year, and in an odd way, I believe I finally am understanding the parallel they were mentioning.

Genesis 22
2. And he said, Take now they son...and offer him there for a burnt offering
3. And Abraham rose up early in the morning... and Isaac his son... and went unto the place of which God had told him.
7. And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
8. And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering
10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
11. And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
13. And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns:
14. And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh

I am in a "Jehovahjireh". A place provided completely and entirely by God.

The Lord has blessed my in uncountable ways, and at times I start to get anxious thinking about it. Even as is, it would take more than this one lifetime I am allotted to pay it back. I struggle with the years that yet lay out before me. I sometimes look at those years as holding me back, and in impatience I turn to Jesus and ask, "why can't I just GO?"  But even asking it, I know full well that it is merely Satan trying to sow his small seeds of discontent.

This moment. This place. I am in Jehovahjireh. And I will go. Or I will stay. As my Lord wills.

Wishes for a Blessed New Year to everyone.
Much Love.

No comments: