Sunday, August 2, 2015

Estoy comiendo y durmiendo....pues, recuperando.

Finished up Vascular with 24 hour call. Last time I did 24 I was sick. Left bad memories, and so for the week leading up was really just not looking forward to it.  I wasn't sick this time and therefore was able to function a bit better.  But still left the hospital this morning wondering if I was going to be able to stay on the road for the duration of the commute home. The human body was simply not designed to work 24+ hours at a time. I'm also still relatively new to those hours, so have to also adjust and get used to it.  I expect they'll get easier with time. So far I've spent the day trying to recover.  Had accidentally left my door open when I got home in the morning and crashed, so was woken up a couple hours later when my neighbor who was standing just outside yelled something across the way to someone.  About fell out of the bed with that wake up call!! Just a little disoriented to say the least. 

Headed back to St. Vincent's in Bridgeport, CT for next month.  I start the month out on nights.  In a way I'm thankful for the extra hours to sleep after being on call. I think...it'll be an interesting month, an interesting team to work with.

Much love.

No comments: