Saturday, July 11, 2015

Estoy sanando.

Finally on the mend again. It's been a pretty crazy past 12 days.  This virus has had a party everywhere from my lungs to my eyes, and then into every nook and cranny it could find within and behind them. I made it through my first 24 hour call on July 4th in such a state.  In a way, made it quite memorable.

Towards the last couple of days my lymph nodes had become so swollen and tender I thought they were going to just burst. I was starting to look to anything for relief and discovered ginger tea. Bought some ginger root upon the recommendation of another resident and went from there. Not bad. Made my throat burn when I drank it, but it did help.  In addition, for the duration in which I was drinking the tea and then for awhile after I actually had a short spell from coughing. I'm glad it was mentioned to me.

Part of my role as a second year is to take Vascular Surgery consults.  I had a fantastic one the other day for a fever... that wasn't even a fever by definition.  I went to see the patient and he was laying in his bed quite comfortable.  Let's just say I was more sick than this guy.  I talked to my attending and then wrote up a consult note determining "No indication for acute vascular surgical intervention at this time. Please call back as needed."

Much Love.


No comments: