Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Estoy leyendo.




When a friend visits, you don't question the possibility of seeing them. You just know you'll make it happen...somehow.  Even if that means sleep gets sacrificed. Some people are worth it.  Amber M. and Donna F. were visiting in Rockville last weekend. Left after I got off work Saturday morning and didn't leave to return until after church on Sunday just in time that I could get back to work on time.
 Amber and I

I've been making more of an active effort to get through my To Do List for the month of October.  I have this list specifically for this month because as I am working nights I have days that I could potentially use.  Went to the dentist yesterday.  I didn't think there was a problem, but at the same time, it's been many years since I've last had a dentist look at my teeth.  I just wanted to be reassured I guess.  Found my way into the Bronx to this little hole in the wall dentist office.  It didn't take long.  And he didn't really tell me anything, probably wouldn't have said anything either had I not asked him questions.  Made me miss Dr. Proesel and the thorough job they do at the dentist office in Gridley.  But at least now I've been reassured.  Good to go for another couple of years now! ;)

For the past couple of weeks there has been a liver transplant recipient in the hospital. For a while he was in the ICU, everyone thought he was going to die.  But then he was transferred to the floor. And yesterday he was told he's finally ready for recovery outside of the hospital.  He was to be discharged today.  Unfortunately, this patient does not want to be discharged. And last night he took a great big yank on his nephrostomy tube.  A tube placed percutaneously into his kidney to drain his urine. As his usual, this guy walks around with his nephrostomy bag trailing behind him anyways, but now with it halfway yanked out he was draining all over instead of just into his bag.  I patched it up best I could to get him through the rest of the night.  I'm interested to find out if he was actually discharged today as planned or if his nephrostomy is going to delay that. 

Much Love.

No comments: