Friday, September 26, 2014

Estoy trabajando.

JR is one of the patients on the trauma service.  JR is at school at West Point, but family is from South Carolina.  As per family request we've been trying to get JR transferred to North Carolina for proximity to family.  The social worker, Joseph, and I have been tag teaming this transfer.  Myself in communication with Carolina, and him in communication with West Point.  For about two weeks we'd been going back and forth.  Honestly, mainly with West Point. Each day he'd hand me another stack of papers the government wanted me to fill out.  But we kept at it. Today, we were on the edge of breaking through. Close enough that Joseph prepared me on how to proceed if I got a phone call over the weekend.   I didn't have to wait too long.  I could tell he was working on the situation from his home all evening.  I got a phone call from him 7:30....there was a problem.   Then another at 9:30....problem has been resolved, aaaand transport was arranged for Saturday evening!  Ball was now in my court. A couple of calls to the transfer center in Carolina later, the receiving team had a medical update and bed request was submitted. After two weeks of this, I was excited!  We had a bed AND transport to that bed arranged for this patient.  I wanted a pat on the back, a high five or something.  I texted out to the team we had an official discharge plan for the patient. Let's just say I got somewhat less than the 'Woohoo' I was looking for. But granted, they probably weren't too thrilled to have been reminded about work at 10pm on a Friday night. ;)

Much Love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Yay! Good Job! Way to Go! Your Rockville Cheerleader!