Friday, September 5, 2014

Estoy respirando por un popote.

Our trauma list is making hospital records.  Unfortunately, these are not the kinds of records you want to be involved with.  The attending we rounded with the other day who has been there perhaps closest to the longest of all the attendings, said that in his time he has never had the trauma list be as long as it currently is.

No I haven't cried.  There's no time to cry.
No thrashings either.  There's no time to spare.

Niu and I are the intern team for the second month in a row.  And we're keeping our heads above water so far. But next week we are both going to conferences. And the week following that shes being lent out to TICU for the week meaning I'll be left to manage the trauma floor on my own.  Much harder to keep afloat without the 'buddy system.' But I'll do what needs to be done.

Made my own personal record this past week as well.  Set my alarm for 2:15 one morning.  And that only because I couldn't bring myself to set it for 2:00.  Somehow, that 15 minutes made it okay to wake up that early.

I was on the verge of ecstatic thinking about being able to sleep in tomorrow. Just sleep and sleep and sleep.  And then late last night I get an email from my chief informing me that I've got to go in and round Saturday morning. And just like that, hope was ripped from my fingers.  No sleep for you muahahaha! And Bam! Immediate depression!  Don't worry.  I then sighed and moved on.  'Rounding' should only take about four hours, but....remember that list!!  Even if I worked at the most amazingly efficient pace known to mankind, I won't be out of the hospital in just 4 hours tomorrow. My goal is 8 hours!  Yes, that is the goal!  Can I finish up and be out in just 8 hours tomorrow?

Much Love.

No comments: