Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Estoy viva en Cristo.

Since the day I turned 28 I've been impatiently waiting for today.  And then it's today, and I just about completely forgot all about it. 14 years ago today I made the decision to give my heart to Jesus. Half of my life ago.

Over the years, on many an occasion (enough so that I've lost count), and I'm sure on many occasion to come, I have been (and will be) questioned on that decision. Questions varied, and as such, ranging from faith, to the existence of female circumcision, to my age.  At 14 years, was I old enough to make such a life altering decision? The biggest decision any human being needs to make?

What 14 year old knows how their life is going to end up?  Perhaps, just the One in the whole existence of mankind.  So I, was no different, and well aware of my own impossible imperfection. When it came time to make a public covenant, it is safe to say that despite peace, I was terrified. I knew the Biblical examples of those who had walked and talked with Jesus himself, and stumbled, denied Christ even betrayed Christ.  And how was I (at 15 at the time then) supposed to say I was not going be as they.  How could I say yes in front of a collection of witnesses to something that I had no power of knowing? Fear and doubt dragged on my mind, even as I stood there to make my promise with God and man, it pulled my consciousness. Heavy. 

And then it was gone. It vanished. There was no fear.  Not a single shred of doubt filled any part of my being. And with every ounce of my heart, soul, mind and strength I replied YES. I knew exactly what I was saying.  I still didn't know what was going to happen in my life, but I knew one thing.  That Jesus would always be in it.

I've grown in the passed 14 years.  Learned a lot, but I still often need remembrance of that YES.  It comes to me when I need it, and that millisecond of time is still as strong today as it was when I said it. 

They say 'Home is where the Heart is.'

Well....'they' are right.

Jesus has my heart. And whereever I am, as long as Jesus is with me.  I. Am. Home.

Much Love.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

No comments: